On August 2, 2019, the RHC published a notice of proposed rulemaking in the DC Register for a 90-day public comment period. The proposed rulemaking would amend all of the implementing rules under the Act in Title 14 (Housing) of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (“DCMR”), Chapters 38 through 44.
The six core purposes of the proposed rules are as follows:
1. Implement Statutory Changes in Determining Lawful Rents
2. Implement and Clarify Transfer of Evidentiary Hearing Function
3. Implementation of Other Statutory Changes
4. Codify and Conform to Existing Case Law
5. Update and Improve Operations and Procedures
6. Clarify Language and Increase Specificity
To download a copy of the proposed rulemaking and to comment on the proposed rules, please visit the Office of Documents and Administrative Issuances.